We are seeking for a highly motivated Staff Scientist who will be become a part of the research team headed by Dr. Henner Farin at the Georg-Speyer-Haus, Institute for Tumor Biology and Experimental Therapy.
The Staff Scientist will be responsible for the operation and further development of the FCI Organoid Biobank. This technology platform is dedicated for generation of innovative tumor cell models from clinical samples of different tumor entities.
• 3D cell culture and molecular characterization (ngs) and supervision of technical staff
• Individual project support for FCI researchers
• Pilot experiments for optimization of biobank workflows
• Bioinformatic data analysis and visualization for own or collaborative publications
The staff scientist is expected to engage in a multidisciplinary team and needs to bring good team communication skills. In addition, a strong expertise in 3D organoid culture and theoretical background in tumor cell biology are required. The staff scientist will closely interact with the group of Dr. Henner Farin, that studies the tumor microenvironment of colorectal cancers. Patient derived organoids are combined with stromal cells to recreate a tissue-like context. For identification of therapeutic targets, genetic and pharmacologic perturbation experiments (CRISPR/Cas9 and drug library screens) and multi-omics analyses are performed. The international team is part of several collaborative programs including DKTK, EUbOPEN (EU/IMI2) and FOR2438 (DFG). Expected qualifications:
• Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.
• Evidence of relevant first or senior-author peer-reviewed publications
• Excellent communication skills and evidence of successful project development and supervision of scientific and technical staff.
• Proficiency in database management and bioinformatic analyses
• an interesting and highly autonomous field of responsibilities.
• The position is initially limited for 2 years. An extension is planned.
• The salary is according to TV-H with all social benefits of the public service.
• As part of the work-life balance, we offer you a great variety of opportunities, such as flexible working hours and help with balancing your career and family.
Applications should be submitted electronically as one pdf file (max. 20 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, CV, publication list, names of three references and certificates.
Download the full job description here.