Wir sind immer auf der Suche nach motivierten Menschen mit Leidenschaft für die translationale Krebsforschung, die unser Team verstärken möchten.
Schauen Sie sich die offenen Stellen an oder senden Sie uns Ihre Initiativbewerbung mit der Angabe, an welchen Gruppen Sie interessiert sind.
PhD Student –
“Molecular Precision Medicine for Hormone-Driven Cancers” group
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student to join our “Molecular Precision Medicine for Hormone-Driven Can-cers“ research group at the Department of Urology . The lab, headed by Anne Fassl, specializes in interrogating canonical and non-canonical functions of cell cycle regulators to develop novel strategies for targeted therapies in breast and prostate cancer.
- Planning and conducting cancer biology experiments
- Development and optimization of experimental methods in molecular biology
- Processing and visualization of research data and presentation of scientific data at conferences
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with scientists and clinicians in the fields of medicine, (bio)informatics and (bio)chemistry
- Publication of scientific results and participation in the acquisition of third-party funding
- Master’s degree in life sciences or equivalent
- Experience in basic laboratory techniques (i.e. molecular biology, tissue culture etc.)
- Interactive personality, collaborative spirit & good communication and documentation skills
- Passion for basic science and discovery
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Environment: Excellent scientific environment & dedicated mentoring
- Collaboration: Collaboration opportunities with national & international world-leading laboratories
- Professional development: Training in basic as well as cutting-edge techniques (CRISPR screen, scRNA-seq, Mass Cytometry) as well as participation in training and qualification programs of the MSNZ and the Goethe University.
Please submit your application including your CV, motivation statement and contact information of 2-3 references by June 1, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org or application form (please note that we do not return application documents).
For further information regarding the position and/or project, please contact Dr. Anne Fassl (email@example.com).
Download the full jop descrition here.
Junior Group Leader Tumor Immunology
Currently, we are recruiting a FCI-funded
Junior Group Leader Tumor Immunology.
We are looking for a scientist with proven experience and outstanding research performance in the field of tumor immunology ideally with focus on T-cell immunology. The applicant is expected to have performed excellent research in the area of tumor immunology, e.g. on molecular and cellular mechanisms on response and relapse in malignant disease or experience in the development of innovative immune therapeutic concepts.
Prerequisite for the application is a university degree and doctoral degree. The applicant is expected to have an excellent scientific record with international publication performance, a high degree of scientific commitment and to acquire competitive national and international third-party research funding. In addition, the applicant is expected to participate in the interdisciplinary structure of the FCI and to add a high level of cooperation with all working groups of the FCI, especially in the interdisciplinary clinical translation programs.
- Doctoral degree in life sciences or biotechnology or MD/Ph.D.
- Previous expertise in cancer immunology research
- Publication record that is internationally competitive for the stage of the career
- High level of motivation, communication and learning skills
- Ability to work in a translational team
- An excellent basic and translational research environment
- A strong interdisciplinary team
- Development of a scientific profile
- Integration into structures at the FCI and the local DKTK structures
- Participation in further training and qualification programs
- Access to GSH Core Facilities
- Salary according to TV-H including social benefits
- Flexible working hours as part of the good work-and-family life balance
The position is initially limited to 5 years.
Applications should be submitted until May 31st, 2023, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV, list of publications, contact information of 2 supporting referees and a 3-4 page research synopsis that both summarizes current / past research accomplishments and outlines the candidate´s research program for the next 5 years.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Florian Greten.
Our international working environment promotes equal opportunities for all staff regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality, or impairments under criteria of scientific excellence. Applications from women are explicitly welcome. Disabled individuals will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
For Information about the Georg-Speyer-Haus please visit the website.
Bitte senden Sie Ihren Lebenslauf, Motivationsschreiben sowie Kontaktdaten von drei Referenzen als eine pdf Datei an:
PROF. DR. FLORIAN GRETEN
Sprecher des FCI
oder nutzen Sie unser Bewerbungsformular: